Saturday, January 17, 2009

How do I slow down?

Life has been an absolute whirlwind lately.
I feel like I'm constantly allowing myself to be lazy, however I'm ridiculously busy and I have thousands of things I NEED to be doing.

Last night I was startled awake at about 2:30, so I looked out my window and there was a firetruck across the street. Instinctively I got nervous, thinking that my neighbor's house was burning down, or something like that...but that wasn't the case. In fact, I don't know what happened at all. I just ended up sitting on my window seat for a bit looking outside at the fog (which by the way looks very weird when there's no street lights or anything...super creepy). I just realized how emo I sounded right there.

Anyway, when I was just hanging out by myself, listening to some Death Cab and Band of Horses (mmmm, lovely) I thought...a lot. About things I can't even explain. But I came up with a list of things I want to wish for. Maybe I can use one of them when I blow out the candles next Friday :)

I wish that I could let go of things more easily.
I wish that people would listen better.
I wish that texting was never invented, because conversations on the phone are so much more meaningful.
I wish that I could graduate...now!
I wish that the calculus most missed test, government final and deadline would not coincide.
I wish that college would stop being so damn expensive so I could stop worrying about how I'm going to pay for it.
I wish that I could have been a teenager in the 60s.
I wish that Mikey wasn't moving.
I wish that there was a really cool concert in Seattle on my birthday weekend.
I wish that community service was done so I don't have to wake up really early on Saturday mornings and sit at the hospital, bored and alone, for three hours writing blogs.
I wish that my grandma would magically be better, so she wouldn't have to be in a convalescent home, and my dad could come home.
I wish that this certain somebody will change his mind.
I wish that I didn't think of all of these wishes last night.
I wish I could get a new puppy...I miss my Solo baby.
I wish that I could get the heck outta Puyallup, and start college right now!
I wish I could have gone to Habitat this morning.
I wish for happiness...for everybody. No matter what their situation is. :)
I wish that everybody was as nice as that old man just was, wearing his neon yellow jacket, walking into the hospital. Genuine kindness is the best characteristic anybody can have.

I'm going to end on a positive wish. Hahaha
I should probably go back to welcoming people to the hospital, which is kind of an ironic job...because nobody ever really WANTS to be at the hospital. It's not like Mama Stortini's where you go "Enjoy your dinner!" and smile. People who come here are seriously upset sometimes...it's weird. I just find it funny that I sit here, and smile and act like nothing is wrong, when clearly there is something wrong if somebody is looking for their dad in the ICU! :( So terrible.
Anyway, back to my Facility Directory and the fantastic Good Sam screensaver they so graciously default to our computer.

Peace <3

2 comments:

taylor said...

i slept in the ICU waiting room/was in there for about 8 hours last night/this morning. haha

Megan Albert said...

I heard about that! I went looking for you guys, but Colin said you all left really early!