Yesterday wasn't that exciting of a day, but it's whatever. I've started to be super apathetic about things like birthdays. I can say I'm a year older, but technically I'm just two days older (now) than I was on the 22nd.
David came over & left flowers for me at midnight :) It was adorable. He brought a bouquet of daisies, which are one of my favorites, but I've never even told him that! My mom made me waffles in the morning (yummyyy!!) and I went to school. We had another calculus test, which I actually studied for, and I'm hoping to get an A. We're on deadline, so other than when I was in calculus, I spent my entire day in JagWire...or atleast doing JagWire related things.
I worked. Don't ask me why I didn't request off my birthday, but I guess I forgot! But, let's face it, the only reason anybody came to work at Stortini's last night was to celebrate my birthday anyway! It was an okay night, though. My mom had flowers delivered to the restaurant so that was cool. Plus my three favorite people were there: Kristen, Kathryn and David!
Kristen FINALLY got off, after sitting at the front desk doing absolutely nothing for about 40 minutes. We went and saw Slumdog Millionaire, which was absolutely amazing! Atleast, the movie was amazing (the ridiculously expensive food, the drive there, the temperature of the theater, and the drunk lady all were slightly obnoxious). But, the fact that Jamal, the main character, looks like Justin Chavez made everything better! :) Seriously though, if you haven't seen Slumdog yet, GO SEE IT. It's very, very, very good.
Kristen got me a coat...it's friggin adorable. I'm wearing it right now at the hospital because it's seriously like 40 degrees in here. Blech!
In other news, I'm definitely not looking forward to this week, so I'm just going to complain about it for a moment. Let's seeeeee...
- Monday: 1/3/5 day (they always suck anyway) plus deadline!
- Tuesday: Deadline + Kristen & Megan's ingenious plan is going to take place! Sometime during the day I need to go down to McCutcheon's to see Gary and pick up his new design for his ad, too. Andddd, maybe I should finish the wrestling story...just maybe.
- Wednesday: Final deadline...always the best (and most stressful) day of the week. Staying at school until 11 or 12 is definitely my favorite thing to do! Especially when it's end of semester and EVERYBODY thinks it's cool to have big tests.
- Thursday: I'm wearing sweats to school. I've already decided this, and my outfit is picked out. In first period, I have a HUGE government final. Everything we've covered in first semester is fair game to put on the test. Gov tests on ONE chapter are hard enough, I can't even fathom what a test on chapters 1, 2, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12 will be like. Aghh! I should probably start memorizing the "To be or not to be" speech from Hamlet, too...because I have a test on that. Yayers!
- Friday: It's going to be the best day ever. I'm not going to school. No way, Jose! We have a half day...and all six classes. Hahaha It's a JOKE! 15 minute classes, no thank you!
So, I'm pretty stoked to begin my exciting week! Study sesh tomorrow at Kristen's...and since I'm 18, we're going to get vanilla cigars. We actually planned out this get-together, too.
I should go back to pretending to be excited about volunteering at the hospital, though. I'm actually really stoked because I only have to come back once after this and I'll have my 40 hours done :) The Starbucks is playing obnoxious jazz music...ick! But, I'm drinking an Americano, and it's yummy...so I guess I'll forgive them for playing annoying stuff.
For anybody who read this all the way through...I'm sorry. It was ridiculously long.