Friday, August 7, 2009

Perplexed

I am wholeheartedly confused as to why this is all happening to me now - a little more than a month before I go to college. Why do I feel as though everything is falling into place? Not perfect place, but place enough for now.
I go to bed smiling, I wake up smiling, I smile throughout the day. My friends (the ones I have found to be true) are incredible, yet the majority of them will be leaving in less than two weeks to various colleges around the state and country. I also feel like I'm finally discovering WHO I AM. That awful question everybody fusses around with and constantly tries to answer as their adolescent years come to a close...and I feel like I'm beginning to find the solution.
Maybe I'm being too sentimental, maybe I'm thinking too much about every little situation. But, for now, I feel like life is near to perfect and I am terrified for it to start all over again on September 24 when I move out of this home (leaving behind what seems like countless memories and experiences) and move into my own place to start my entire life ahead of me.
I am so afraid that everything I have begun here (friends, relationships, experiences, memories) will be forgotten when I step on to campus and attempt to find my way again...but for now - I just want to know why all of this greatness had to happen right before the world shifted.

Wow.

0 comments: