Monday, December 27, 2010

Gravity

Last night was just what I needed.
As I sat in the passenger seat on the way to Bellevue, I spilled my guts; and afterward my best friend, sometimes the only person that can see my mind clearly, brought me back to earth. It’s a harsh reality that I did not want to hear, much less accept.
We had a great dinner at Cheesecake Factory and then shuffled across the street to see How Do You Know? at Lincoln Square. Pretty typical chick flick about a girl dating the wrong guy, while the right guy sits on the sidelines yearning for her attention…we all knew what was going to happen in the end. But really…? It’s a movie! How often in the real world does the right guy get left behind? It kind of got my mind working.
Had a few texts to return after the movie, then we hit the road for home. The following two songs came on, back to back, and I felt like I was in another world: 

“Gravity” –Sara Bareilles 
“Come Round Soon” –Sara Bareilles 
As I sat in the passenger seat on the way home from Bellevue, I let the music take me over; I hummed, and I sang. The headlights of cars travelling north blinding me, transfixing me, yet at the same time grounding me. And for the first time in a very long time, I realized that no matter what happens in the next few months…I can be in control and I am going to be okay.

0 comments: