Sunday, December 5, 2010

Joy

Hmm. So let's see here...the past month has been pretty friggin good :) I look back on the past 30 days and I can't help but just smile. 

Kelsey's birthday weekend - check! Veteran's Day in Vancouver - check! Amy's birthday weekend - check! Snow days - check! Thanksgiving break - check! Best friends - check! Husky Basketball - check! Parties - check! Life cleanse - check! Apple Cup WIN - check! Great conversations - check! 
Geez...that made me feel so accomplished :) Earlier today I was trying to think of the last time I was this comfortable with everything surrounding me, and determined that it has been FAR too long. But today, I find myself blissful, peaceful and full of joy. I'm holding on to this feeling with everything in me, because I don't want to have to wish for it anymore. It's here.
My best friend, roommate and life-twin gave me a card a few weeks ago, and I feel like it completely applies now. This is all it said:

peace.
it does not mean to be in a place
where there is no noise, trouble
or hard work. it means to be in
the midst of those things and still
be calm in your heart.
(unknown)

I'm honestly just on top of the world. One more week of class - 3 days of finals - and then I'm home for two and a half weeks. I'm really going to miss all of my friends up in Seattle, but I'm unbelievably excited for what this break has to offer :) Here goes nothing!


joy [joi]
noun
the emotion of great delight or happiness caused exceptionally good or satisfying; keen pleasure; elation

1 comments:

Kayla Down said...

I just read this out loud to Eddy. All he said "I am so happy for her." We all love you so much Megan and know that THIS is your shot.