Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Constellations

It is seriously my dream to have a night where the night sky is perfectly clear, there is snow everywhere around me, and I'm curled up in a (really warm) blanket with some form of hot beverage in my hand just looking up at the night sky.  I don't know what it is about star-gazing that gets me, but it does.  I could lay under the stars for hours if I'm in the right mood and be perfectly content with life.
This might be a stretch, but I think that stars are a good reflection of people. You can look at them as a whole (the entire night sky/the entire human race), a portion (a section of the sky/ a constellation/a more defined group of people), or singularly (one star/one person).  Each view can offer a different perspective.  Some look better & fit better in a group than others, even though they're all in the same general area. No matter what, each individual is beautiful and distinct.  Some stand out, and others fade further into the background - but each is necessary for the whole picture to work.
I think I just got way too simile-y for my own good...but it was an interesting thought that ran through my mind this afternoon.
Made me think of this picture I took at the Jack Johnson concert at the Gorge in October. This is during his song "Constellations" - so pretty, and fitting.


I've been home for approximately 31 hours and it's been everything I expected, I suppose. Tomorrow we're trekking to Bellingham for Thanksgiving day and then heading back home on Friday morning. I got the GREATEST news today about my best friend...it's still a secret though, so no disclosure via blogging :) Basically it made my day 230948 times better!
I'm excited for the weekend when I get back from Bellingham. Hopefully the winter wonderland that has taken over Puyallup will have subsided enough so that I can safely drive. Once I get out my neighborhood it wouldn't be a big deal, but right now it's like a solid sheet of ice. I'm excited to see a few people I haven't had the chance to see in a long time - whether it be from school, distance, or months of silence. Not gonna lie, I'm a little bit anxious about it too. It's a weekend of reunions I suppose :)
As for now, I'm exhausted and it's not even midnight...this is what the 253 does to me (or that's what Brian & I attribute it to)! I'm going to try to finish watching "The Holiday" tonight. I've watched it for 4 nights now (not even consecutive!) and I still haven't gotten all the way through. 5th night's a charm?

Goodnight; peace; love <3

1 comments:

Rachel Webber said...

If you come to Pullman for Apple Cup, I think you will find your dream. Haha. Best view of the stars ever out here. And we've got a shit ton of snow. :)