Wednesday, November 3, 2010

parte dos

Tonight I was thinking to myself - wondering why I often allow myself to be in less-than-desirable situations. It's not as if I don't realize what I'm getting myself into, or letting myself succumb to...I just don't care enough to stop it. I honestly think it's because I'm afraid of the inevitable loss, opposed to looking toward the possible gain. Certainty vs. uncertainty.

My old youth pastor said this tonight, as a part of his facebook status: "Life is fragile, live intentionally." For some reason tonight, as I look out the window at the lights illuminating U-Village, this resonates with me. What am I doing to live my life intentionally? Are my decisions at the present helping or harming my future?

Just some food for thought :)

2 comments:

Kayla Down said...

Intentionally: you are putting yourself in situations that allow you to benefit only through other's benefit - this may only last for a while because YOU are thinking things.

Unintentionally: you are giving everyone else food for thought, while not knowing that you are that much closer to discovering what it is you are willing to put up with, what you are willing to sacrifice, and the ultimate things that will make you happy just being you.

Otherwise: you are amazing, incredible, one of the greatest friends i will ever have, and definitely one of the smartest. you've got a good head on your shoulders meg, and there are plenty of people who love you and will tell you the same thing.

<3

djpale said...

There's an equally good and bad thing to everything, the higher you reach the farther you fall. There is no good and bad situation, a great situation is great but can only lead to worse, a bad situation is bad but can only lead to better... so therefor take ever situation as good because it is either good now or good in the future. Every situation is desirable.