Sunday, February 15, 2009

Dirty Dancing

Why is it that forbidden romances are always way more captivating than ones that just fall into place?
I watched Dirty Dancing this morning when I woke up, for the hell of it, and the whole time I was thinking about that.
I mean, yeah, Johnny's all hot and sexy and he can dance hella good. But, I don't think Baby would've really liked him that much if he wasn't the "wrong guy" in her parents' eyes.
Maybe I'm just over-analyzing this entire thing. In fact, yes I know I am. But STILL!
Anyway, it's a classic. And, if you've never had the opportunity to watch it, you need to. Just for laughs, because it really is hilarious...and kind of cute in a 1960s kind of way :)
PLUS, the soundtrack is amazing. Maybe I'm a complete nerd, but seriously, 60s dance music is the shit!
The end.

3 comments:

VultureToast said...

dirty dancing was made in the late 80's, not 60's. :/

haha im sorry i had to say it. but i know what you mean, i love this movie.
and there's just something about "the bad boy" thing that girls are irrevocably attracted to. it's kinda dumb if you think about it, because all that guy's gonna get them is herpes and rehab.

i miss you megan!

Megan Albert said...

It was made in the 80s, but set in the 60s :) Haha

VultureToast said...

was it really??

wow, that part must have totally gone over my head. my bad!