Sunday, February 22, 2009

REALIZE

As much as it scares me, I'm starting to REALIZE that I am basically an adult now. I am pretty much in charge of what I do. My parents can't control who I hang out with. Although I still live under their roof, their lenience with me has grown immensely in the past few weeks.
Maybe it's because I've finally decided where I'm going next year and they're starting to REALIZE that I'm not going to be under their complete control? Or maybe it's because they trust me more now? Regardless, it's pretty nice.
I'm REALIZING that even though there aren't that many, I have the greatest friends in the world. The people I can count on, I really can count on 100% of the time. I've had a good few weeks of time with my friends because of issues elsewhere, and I've come to really appreciate those people in my life. Whether it's a cupcake trip in the morning, a text to say "hey," a movie night, or a quick visit -- thank you. I appreciate you, and I don't know what I would do without you! :)
This morning, I woke up put on a sweatshirt and jeans and proceeded to have breakfast made for me by my favorite :) After the few weeks of trouble, it was good to REALIZE what's good about us. We're going to make it work, and I'm more than excited.
I have also begun to REALIZE that these next few months are going to be extremely difficult, and extremely busy, and that I need to make the best of every moment I can. I'm going to live up the end of my senior year, because next year is going to be totally unexpected and unfamiliar.
This has truly been a week & weekend of realizations...I'm glad.
<3

0 comments: