Friday, January 22, 2010

(365) days of megan

After 365 days of being eighteen, I've come to terms with the fact it's not THAT amazing of an age. But, let's recap the year, in chronological order:
-Turned 18, woke up to flowers on the porch, had school, bought a lotto ticket and swishers (rebellious, I know), worked (why didn't I request it off?) and went and saw Slumdog Millionaire. Why do I remember that day like it was yesterday?!?
-Became addicted to yoga and the sauna at the YMCA
-Committed to attending the University of Washington
-Became the "office bitch" at Stortini's...thank God they still appreciate me :)
-Had multiple breakdowns in the back office of JagWire...not gonna lie, I'm glad that part of my life is done
-Worked my ass off on the track and competed (as an individual, finally!) at the state meet
-Became single, and happy!
-Went to Senior Ball with my best friend
-Graduated in the Top 10 from Emerald Ridge High School
-Reconciled relationships with old friends that are now best friends
-Got a puppy, Izzy. The love of my life, hehe <3
-Had the best week of my life house sitting for the Mehrer family
-Spent hours upon hours at/on Lake Tapps & Hot Chick with Dallas and Chanel
-Discovered Sushi Town, thanks to Cody Rain-nice, and Trapper/Mt.Rainier
-Had a night I'll never forget
-Went on multiple adventures with Chanel
-Got hooked on Dexter and True Blood
-Said goodbye to three of my best friends as they went off to Pullman and California
-Doubted my choice of attending UW
-Beat USC football, and no longer doubted my decision
-Moved to Seattle
-Best friend Chanel moved to Montana :(
-Reconnected with a junior high friend, who's now my best friend
-Partied too hard the night before Halloween, went home to pass out candy for actual Halloween
-Made a few poor decisions
-Had my first Thanksgiving at home without the entire extended family
-Fell in love with Husky Basketball...seriously, one of my favorite things ever!!
-Finished my first quarter of college with a 3.83 GPA :)
-Saw White Christmas the musical and loved it
-Acted like a child and went trampoline-ing
-Didn't have an actual White Christmas
-Had a strange New Years Eve, but spent it with the best friend and in the most relaxing sort of way + champagne
-Came back to school, started new classes
-Started a new workout regiment that I'm going to stick to :)
-Parents came up for an early birthday dinner at The Melting Pot...so freakin' delicious!!

Wow, what a year...and all in bullet points :] It's kind of fun to look back, but I'm all about looking forward lately :)

0 comments: