Monday, January 18, 2010

Ten things you should know (in honor of my 101st post!)

1. I thought I knew what I wanted to do with my life, but I’ve recently discovered I have no idea what I’m doing.

2. When I have money and am older, I will buy a house in Kauai and spend my vacations there. It’s the most beautiful place with the best laid-back mentality. I would be surrounded by beauty and serenity – heaven!

3. I love music with everything in me. I love making music, listening to music, discovering music, reading about music, etc. It’s one of my only passions that has truly stuck with me through everything.

4. I have almost no patience for watching shows on actual TV and most of the time I just watch them when they come out for the season on DVD because you don’t have to wait a week in between episodes or deal with commercials.

5. It is my absolute dream to go to Europe after I graduate with nothing but a backpack, a train ticket and some money. I think it would be an amazing way to see the world, experience culture and really live my life.

6. A lot of the times I wish texting and Facebook didn’t exist so then you’d really know who cared and who didn’t. Snail-mail, telephones and even emails are so much more personal and thought-out than a text message or a comment on a status.

7. I’d rather read a book than watch a movie (especially movies made after books) because books allow you a bit of creativity opposed to movies that put everything right there for you to see. You get to picture things yourself if you’re reading and in essence you make the story more personal. But this is not to say that I don’t appreciate a good movie…for instance, Avatar blew my mind.

8. Inflicting pain on my body is somewhat addicting (and I mean this in the least harmful-to-myself way). Piercings are addicting to me and I’m getting a tattoo soon. Plus, that feeling you get after you workout – like you want to collapse and puke at the same time – is like a high for me. I like pushing myself in all aspects of my life.

9. I want to skydive. In my opinion, jumping out of a plane is far less terrifying than bungee jumping. I want to really feel like I’m flying.

10. I wish I were more independent, but I rely a lot on the people who are close to me. I think this part of me is why I’ve always wanted to try to live a more simplistic lifestyle. Sometimes this reliance poses a problem, but most of the time it’s really nice to have people I can count on.

0 comments: