Monday, January 11, 2010

What's the point...?

Let me preface this blog with a quick little statement:
I am content being single, and it has taken me a long time to realize this. But, I am finally at terms with the fact that I don't need a guy to make me happy (for the next week or so, atleast..hahaha)! This is a big deal for any girl, I believe. So, while reading this, don't take it the wrong way and think that I'm putting down anybody - because that is really not my intention!

Relationships. What's the point? It's like every time I finally think "Hmm, I want that!" everything crumbles around me. The relationships I look up to and admire go to the dogs and people end up cursing the mere thought of a relationship. My friends get into relationships, or have sustained relationships, that ruin their friendships and connections with other people. What's the appeal of that? Maybe I'm a cynic because all of my past relationships have failed (epically) but I don't see the point of investing a ton of time into something that eventually will make me extremely unhappy. I see people investing their lives (time, energy, mood, effort, etc.) into a person that doesn't reciprocate these important aspects of a relationship. I feel like at this age, people either get it (and have great, healthy, sustaining relationships) or are they don't (and are sucked back down into the vortex of high school relationships).

I wish I wasn't like this, but lately the things around me have gotten me to think, "What's the point? Why would I want to do that to myself?"

0 comments: