Friday, January 8, 2010

Late-Teenage Crisis

They say that people go through a mid-life crisis, something that makes somebody question their purpose in life, their existence, their place.

Well, my "mid-freshman year crisis" or "late-teenage crisis" is upon me.

Why did I give up my dream of going to CSU to stay in Washington? It's not like I am unhappy here, I just question whether or not I made the right decision by giving into the norm of going to an in-state university. Part of me wishes I had a completely fresh start at the beginning of my college experience, while another part of me is gracious for having long-time friends that are here to experience freshman year right along with me. But what do I really want? What is going to ultimately make me happiest?

As of now, I don't even know what I want to major in let alone what I want to do with my life. I've put on this face like "I know what the hell I want and I'm going to get it" but I honestly have NO idea. Should I major in Communications because it's general and I enjoyed in in high school? Or should I keep searching to discover a more specialized major that I never knew I enjoyed.

I would love to drop everything at this moment and just go travel. Obviously this would be a horrible decision, and one I will not allow myself to make until I have graduated college. But I cannot wait to take a backpack to Europe and finally LIVE my life for two or three months.

Two people will understand this completely, so thank you in advance.

Peace.

0 comments: